How to Take Care of Life After Stroke?
Stroke is one of the critical causes of death across different parts of the world. According to a survey, it was revealed that approximately 15 million people suffer from this serious health problem. This brain injury may result in living with a disability. In this section, we are going to cover – how to take care of life after Stroke.
Here it’s worth discussing that the impact of Stroke varies from person to person, which could be mild to severe. And can be temporary or permanent, which will depend entirely on the type of Stroke and its location. In case you feel the symptoms of Stroke, then you should not avoid and go for immediate medical help. Interestingly, high blood pressure contributes maximum to having a stroke.
Sign and Symptoms of the Stroke
If you see the following signs or symptoms, then you should seek immediate medical help. As this could be the alarming situation of “Stroke.”
- You feel a sudden loss of coordination or balance.
- You may have trouble speaking, and sometimes it’s hard to understand the speeches. There could be chances of confusion etc.
- If you experience numbness or paralysis in arm, face, or leg, then there could be great chances of having a stroke. Mostly it will occur on one side of the body.
- Blurred vision, or blackened vision in one or both eyes.
- A sudden and severe headache is also the most common sign of Stroke, where this occurs with vomiting or dizziness.
In the case of Stroke, it’s very important to take care of patients, and they need to provide support and help so they could live life after Stroke could become hassle-free.
Care of Patients after Stroke
After the Stroke, you should follow a few points while caring for the patient.
- You should ensure the consultation and appointments with the doctor, physiotherapists, speech therapists, and related people who are treating the patient.
- You should modify certain things according to the need of patients.
- Here it’s important that you should avoid self-medication and must take the prescribed medication.
- Don’t show reluctance in any type of test, such as a blood test.
- In case a patient has the bleeding in gum, or blood in the stool, then inform the doctor. As it could occur due to excessive thinning of the blood.
- Be cautious in terms of monitoring of health. Check – BP, weight, glucose level, routinely.
- Try to perform all sorts of recommended physical exercises, and should sleep for a minimum of 8-9 hrs. In a day. Take a nutritional diet.
- Consult with the speech therapist, in case of swallowing difficulties.
- Emotional support is much required. Therefore you should always be connected with the Stroke support group.
Anodyne Spine is one of the foremost physiotherapy clinics in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi, which is recognized for its support for physiotherapy, spinal related problems, neck, lower back pain, and chiropractic care. We serve better to our patients and provide facility & rehabilitation care for the patients suffering from the Stroke. We ensure a better life after Stroke.