Lower back pain causes severe problems, and for this, we need special attention to ensure proper treatment as soon as possible. Lower back exercises for pain relief can do wonders to reduce pain and its effect to a certain degree, and strengthen the lower back and can help alleviate pain.
According to a study, it was found that 80 percent of people of different age groups suffer from lower back pain problems. At any stage of lifetime, which may further cause incompatibility to do certain essential functions and tasks. Most people remain absent from their job due to this. Both men and women are affected by low back pain due to mechanical and soft-tissue injuries. However, these injuries can damage nerve roots, irregular/inappropriate movement of spinal joints and damage to the intervertebral discs. A sedentary lifestyle is also the biggest factor that can set the stage for low back pain. The study reveals that few back pain are acute or short term while a few last for a few days and need special treatments/exercises. A lower back pain workout plan can do magic to get relief from the lower back pain. As the spinal nerves get compressed or irritated which may result in back pain and sciatica.
We find that exercises have their own impacts, as these are good for increasing the blood flow & reducing stiffness. Moreover, it can help to speed up the healing process. It can strengthen the leg and arm muscles.
Lower Back Exercises for Pain Relief
We’re well-versed with a cluster of exercises for various health concerns and for lower back pain there are certain specific exercises are provided. The back pain specialist can provide you an array of exercises that can help you a lot to get recover as early as possible. Let’s have a brief intro of lower back exercises for pain relief.
This is one of the most efficacious exercises which work on a person’s gluteus maximus. This is one of the largest muscles of the buttocks. The gluteus muscles come into the role while moving hips and to provide strong help to support the lower back. In order to perform this exercise, you need to follow the following steps
- Lie on the ground, and bend your knees, and place the feet flat on the floor.
- Press the feet into the floor, and keep the arms by sides.
- Now lift the buttocks off the ground until the body comes in a straight line from shoulders to the knees.
- After lifting the buttocks it’s time to squeeze while shoulders remain on the floor.
- Now you can lower the buttocks down and can rest for a few seconds.
- Repeat this 10-15 times and rest for 1 minute.
- You can opt for the number of sets according to your necessities.
2. Knee-to-Chest stretches
This is another wonderful exercise to eliminate the lower back pain, as this could be pretty much helpful to relieve the pain and tension. The correct way to do this is :
- First, lie on the floor with your back
- Now bend the knees keeping both feet flat on the floor
- After this just use both hands to bring / or pull the knees towards the chest.
- When your knees are closer to your chest, then hold for a few seconds – approximately 5 seconds. While doing the same the abdominal muscles must be tight & spine on the floor.
- Now release the knee to the starting position, and repeat the step with the opposite leg.
- The frequency of exercise could be each 2-3 times twice a day.
3. Lower Back Rotational Stretches
The lower back rotational stretch is quite helpful to provide you relief from the tension in the lower back and trunk. It’s amazing to work with core muscles and having the capability to improve stability. There’re a few steps to perform the exercise in an appropriate way.
- The first step is to lie back on the floor, where your knees should be bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Shoulders should be firm in order to allow the gentle roll of both bent knees over to one side.
- It’s important to note down that the position should be held for 5-10 seconds.
- Now you should return back to normal / starting position. After this, do it the same process with another side, and further return back to normal position.
- You can repeat the process 2-3 times on each side twice a day.
4. Pelvic tilts
Pelvic tilt exercises are quite effective to treat the lower back pain where it ensures lower back flexibility. It relieves the tightness of back muscles and keeps them flexible.
- Just lie on the floor and bent with knees and keep the feet flat while keeping the arms by the sides.
- Gently make the position like an arch of the lower back and try to push the stomach out.
- Now it would be better to hold the breath for 5 seconds and then relax.
- After performing the same, it turns to flatten the back and pull the belly button in toward the floor.
- This exercise can provide excellent results if you repeat the same daily, and build up to 30
- You can hold the position for 5 seconds and relax.
5. Lying lateral leg lift
Back pain specialists can recommend you lying lateral leg lift exercise which is quite impressive to deal with the lower back conditions. This exercise works better on the hip adductor muscles which are supportive muscles for pelvis and capable to reduce the strain on the back. It’s quite important to keep these muscles in a strong position, so as to maintain balance, and further could affect mobility. Repeating 10 times & 3 sets each day can make this an amazing one treat lower back pain.
6. Cat Stretches
The cat stretches is another wonderful way to lengthen the back, and make it stronger and stronger along with ease the tension in muscles. Cat stretch is performed by getting onto the arch back, pulling the belly button in upward to the spine. You must relax the muscles and be in a good position or relax for 5-10 seconds. Repeat the process 3-5 times twice a day.
7. Seated Lower Back Rotational Stretch Exercises
We’ve seen different types of exercises including the seated lower back rotation stretch which is quite helpful in relieving the pain. Further, it can work with the core muscles and strengthen the lower back. You can repeat the exercise 3-5 times twice a day.
Choose the Anodyne Spine Back Pain Specialist
Since our inception, we’ve helped thousands of patients across India to deal with spine-related back pain problems. Our physiotherapists can tell you the best way of exercises and what exercises you should perform to prevent injury, increase stability, and enhance flexibility. We suggest you correct posture/position / and methods to go ahead with respective exercises. In case exercises do not suit you much, then it’s good to keep away yourself from these exercises & must work on the best one. We can suggest an excellent lower back pain workout plan so that you could feel relaxed. Anodyne Spine is one of the best physiotherapy clinic in Delhi / NCR region having a strong portfolio in diagnosis / and treatment of spine-related problems including the lower back pain, chest pain, neck pain, soft tissue mobilization, knee injury treatment, chiropractic, joint manipulation and many more.